Pictured above, Professor Curtis Baysinger (VUMC) joined student activists at our Sept 10th protest to advocate for fossil fuel divestment and a national carbon tax. We need the leadership of more Professors like Dr. Baysinger to help turn the tide on fossil fuels at Vandy.
Are you a faculty member?
Here are 3 ways for you to get involved.
- Talk to your Faculty Senator
- Passing a Faculty Senate resolution, like Harvard professors did before Harvard divested, may be the most important thing faculty can do to support the campaign!
- Watch our report to the Faculty Senate (video here) and ask your representative to support a fossil fuel divest resolution at this month’s senate meeting. Find your senator here
- Sign the community petition
- Tens of other faculty have already signed, but we need your name and email as well! You can also opt-in to hear about future events. Sign here
- Host Climate Events on Campus
- Whether you’d like to speak at one of our demonstrations or host your own community event regarding climate change in general, the more spaces we create to discuss fossil fuel impacts the better!
- Email us at doresdivest (at) gmail.com if you’d like to collaborate!